Join our Team!
View all of our current job openings below. Check back often as new opportunities are posted frequently.
Fullsteam is a hands-on environment and the role requires a combination of business level thinking with accounting and financial reporting acumen. The Controller will lead the implementation of a fully functional, business oriented, financial reporting system and building an accounting team, capable of supporting a large, diverse group of businesses. He or she will work closely with our private equity sponsor, management team, bankers and auditors.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and demonstrate experience and success, as follows:
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, accountability and integrity
- A sound entrepreneurial spirit, operational thinker in a fast paced, evolving organization
- Experience in acquisitive, geographically dispersed and diverse businesses
- Blend of smaller, entrepreneurial and larger, more structured company experiences and an appreciation for the transitions during rapid growth phases
- Drive improvements in the use and automation of the financial system and processes
- Develop financial reporting packages, preparation of the MD&A, reporting to company management, investors and lenders
- Consolidation accounting for multi level organizations
- Direct the annual audit and tax filings
- Cash flow forecasts
- Budgeting, trend analysis against targets, metrics and prior forecasts
- Revenue recognition of software, services, SaaS and maintenance contracts
- Customer invoicing and vendor payments, particularly in a shared services environment
- Building and leading an accounting organization, preferably in a sophisticated, technology / services environment
- Design and maintain an appropriate system of financial internal controls
- Ability to function autonomously and in coordination with other teams. Ownership, accountability, prioritization and a recognition of what needs to get done and how to accomplish it.
- Seven – ten years of successful, hands on experience as a Controller in a sophisticated, multi divisional environment, preferably in a shared services scenario
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience. CPA strongly preferred
- BS Degree in Accounting or Business. MBA a plus
- Solid understanding of GAAP – software, services and / or payment processing
- Experience with diligence and rapid on-boarding of newly acquired companies
- Strong Excel skills
- Position is based in Auburn, AL
Qualified candidates should send their résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a cover note in the email body with additional information which may be helpful in understanding your background and fit for this opportunity, if needed.